I think once you accept that you’re alone, it starts to feel a little better. You start to enjoy your own company and those silences you dread are no longer filled with that ache of loneliness. You start to focus on yourself; you find your own happiness, or your own definition of it.
You find out about yourself, your identity not defined by the people around you.
You find you.
- me: *blink*
- parents: OH MY GOD YOU NEED AN EXTREME ATTITUDE ADJUSTMENT I'M THE PARENT YOU'RE THE CHILD THAT'S HOW THIS WORKS I DONT KNOW WHO YOU THINK YOU ARE BUT YOU ARE COMPLETELY OUT OF CONTROL DO YOU LIKE HAVING NICE THINGS DO YOU LIKE HAVING A ROOF OVER YOUR HEAD THEN START APPRECIATING IT AND CLEAN YOUR ROOM WASH THE WINDOWS LICK THE DIRT OFF THE KITCHEN FLOOR DO I LOOK LIKE YOUR MAID NO
- me: mom i got all A's
- me: mom i cleaned the whole house
- me: mom i don't do drugs and i'm not pregnant
- mom: is this your cup on the table?
- me: yes
- mom: you never do anything right i do for you all day long and you do nothing for me but stress me out you are so out of control you are grounded if you think you had no life before you just wait i cant believe you treat your own mother this way get out of my sight
- Me: Hi.
- Adult: WHAT ARE YOU THINKING ABOUT DOING FOR COLLEGE HAVE YOU VISITED ANY SCHOOLS DO YOU HAVE A BOYFRIEND DO YOU HAVE YOUR LICENSE DO YOU PLAY ANY SPORTS YOU SHOULD GET A JOB I HEAR GETTING A JOB IS A GOOD THING GOTTA LEARN THE VALUE OF THE DOLLAR EH WOT